Modern bathroom vanities do not only make your bathroom look better, more practical and more functional but they also reveal your taste for style. However, simply buying a modern bathroom vanities will not necessarily transform your bathroom into your own private spa. There are many kinds of modern bathroom vanities and there are many things you should pay attention to when buying a new vanity.
Modern Bathroom Vanities and Sinks Buying Tips
· Size. Most modern bathroom vanities and sinks come in generous sizes which look beautiful as well as provide lots of the needed storage space. But you need a large bathroom if you want a large bathroom vanity because an over-sized vanity can make your bathroom appear tight and claustrophobic. So before you even start looking at your options, measure your bathroom and determine how large vanity you can actually afford.
· Style. Obviously, you should be looking for modern bathroom vanities if your bathroom overall style is modern. However, it is a good idea not to get too modern if you do not want to find yourself looking for modern bathroom vanities within a few years from now. It is important to be aware that things that are ultra-modern today can look completely outdated very soon. So if you want to your bathroom to look modern as long as possible, it may be a good idea to consider modern yet elegant style.
· Color. The color of your vanity’s storage furniture should complement your bathroom’s color scheme. But if you like convenience, you should perhaps avoid colors that are very sensitive such as white for instance. Also, be careful with extra gloss because it shows every fingerprint.
· Design. Just like the style, the design of the bathroom vanities and sinks should enhance the beauty of your bathroom but it should also be practical. In the recent years the so-called minimalistic designs have become very popular which indeed look amazing and very modern, however, they provide little storage space which can be a problem if you have a small bathroom.
· Material. It plays the key role in the aesthetic appeal of the vanity as well as its durability. If you want your new bathroom vanity to look as beautiful as new as long as possible, you are highly recommended to choose quality materials which can withstand the bathroom’s harsh environment.
· Quality of manufacture. A well made bathroom vanity does not only look better but it also lasts longer. Unfortunately, it is not easy to tell which vanity is made according to the highest quality standards in a showroom or when browsing the photo galleries on the web. For that reason it may be a good idea to choose a reputable brand. Not that it is not possible to find quality modern bathroom vanities made by less known manufacturers but generally, the most reputable ones typically do not let their customers down.
· Price. Unfortunately, the price of the vanity plays an important role in the selection. In most cases, you are not only paying the design and brand but quality of materials and manufacture as well. As a result, buying cheap often turns out to be more expensive because vanities that are not made according to the standards of quality manufacture or/and are not made from quality materials typically have to be replaced sooner. For that reason you are highly recommended to avoid buying cheap. This, however, does not mean that you have to buy the most expensive vanity either. In addition, you can save a great deal of money by taking some time for shopping around or by buying a vanity on a sale or online.